Hey kids! Guess what, it's that time of year again when I harass you to come order your fancy prom outfit.
Don't get me wrong. You don't HAVE to go to prom. You don't HAVE to rent a tux. Even if you are renting a tux, you don't have to rent your tux from Frisco Fun & Formal. All I'm saying is, if you ARE planning to rent a tux here, you should get in here AS SOON AS POSSIBLE.
I know I am using a lot of all caps here, but this is really important. Not just because WE HATE SCRAMBLING TO FIND YOU A TUX THREE DAYS BEFORE PROM, but more importantly, because it's going to create a better situation for you if you order early.
I should use some bullet points. Those are easier to read. Here are some bullet points detailing the reasons you should get in here now: (I'm going to combine the bullet points with all caps for maximum dramatic effect.)
- YOU'LL HAVE A MUCH BETTER CHANCE OF GETTING WHAT YOU WANT. You think you're all special just because your high school is having prom in April. But guess what--ALL THE HIGH SCHOOLS ALL OVER THE COUNTRY ARE HAVING THEIR PROMS IN APRIL. So what I'm saying is, of course you are special, but not because of the prom thing. Also what I'm saying is, HIGH SCHOOL STUDENTS EVERYWHERE ARE ORDERING TUXEDOS AT THE SAME TIME. This puts a bit of a strain on the Jim's Formal Wear supplies, and what ends up happening is that the sleek, slim fit tuxedo you want might just be out of stock in your size, even if you order a couple weeks before prom. Guess what happens if you order two DAYS ahead? You'll get what you get, and you won't throw a fit. Oh, we'll still be able to dress you up and make you look great, but it might not be your favorite choice of style or color.
- YOU WON'T HAVE TO PAY EXTRA FOR A RUSH ORDER. You know how when you are shipping something, you have to pay more if you want it right away? Well, all of our tuxes are shipped to us from Kansas. We don't have to charge for shipping if you place your order a week before the event, but if your prom is on April 29, there will be some extra shipping costs beginning on Monday, April 24. So if at all possible, try to get in here at least a week before your prom.
- YOU'LL HAVE A LESS STRESSFUL EXPERIENCE. If you come in early and get measured and choose your styles and order your tux, you'll be all set once prom rolls around. Your tux will arrive a few days before prom, you'll come in and try it on and make sure everything works, then you'll be on your way. It's a much less frantic situation than waiting until the last minute.
Now, I understand there are some reasons you think you can't come order your tux yet. Let's examine those reasons, and some possible solutions, with more bullet points and all caps writing:
- YOU'RE TOO BUSY. You're in school all day, then have activities after that, and the weekends are filled with more activities. I get it! If you can't come in during our normal business hours, please give us a call at 970-668-5732 and see if I can stay late or come in early to accommodate your schedule.
- YOUR DATE DIDN'T PICK OUT HER DRESS YET. I am going to let you in on a little secret: YOUR TIE AND/OR VEST DOES NOT HAVE TO MATCH THE COLOR OF YOUR DATE'S DRESS. And here is another secret: SOMETIMES WE CAN MAKE CHANGES TO YOUR ORDER. When you combine these two secrets, it means that you could come in, order the jacket and pants and shirt that you want, and get a neutral color of tie and vest. That way your tux is reserved, and later when your date tells you she got a purple dress, we could switch to a purple tie! And if it's too late to switch, you'll still look great! BONUS: We also have a vast selection of pocket squares to add a splash of color to your outfit.
- YOU DON'T KNOW WHO YOU'RE TAKING TO PROM. See above. We'll help you select a neutral color that will look good next to any color.
- YOU DON'T KNOW IF YOU'RE GOING TO PROM OR NOT. I can't really help you much with this one. You should wait to order your tux until you know that you're actually going.
If you are from Summit High School, Lake County High School, South Park High School, Battle Mountain High School, Eagle Valley High School, or any other schools in our vicinity and you DO know you are going to prom, and you want to rent a tux locally...then we hope to see you VERY SOON!